Microbial and organic contaminants can’t always be detected through sight, smell or taste. You might not realize at all without an illness occurring, or getting your water tested.
Although some waterborne microbes can cause illness, many microbes are harmless or even beneficial. Very small levels of microbes are naturally present in many water supplies, but some are more dangerous than others. Some of the more dangerous microbial contaminants, such as E. coli, Giardia, and Cryptosporidium, can cause gastrointestinal problems and flu-like symptoms commonly attributed to undercooked or improperly stored food. They include Bacteria, Viruses, and Cysts.
Our treatment for disinfection uses ultraviolet light (UV) or chlorination systems. These are both highly effective and can eliminate nearly all of the harmful microorganisms.